Awesome Casey McCormick and Natalie Aguirre are hosting an equally awesome giveaway on their blog to celebrate a huge milestone: 2000 blog followers! Congrats ladies!
There are many books for grabs!
What are you waiting for? Hop on there and take your pick!
Can you hit a perfect pitch for your Young Adult or Middle Grade manuscripts to agent Ammi-Joan Paquette of the Erin Murphy Literary Agency?
Brenda Drake is hosting this amazing contest!
Rules: On January 15th post a two sentence pitch (no more than 35 words) along with the first 150 words (if it falls in the middle of a sentence, go to the end of that sentence) of your finished Young Adult or Middle Grade manuscript to your blogs. From January 15th-16thhop around each others’ blogs and critique or praise them. Revise your entries, if you want, and post them by 8:00am (EST) January 17th to the official entry post.
Here is mine:
DESTINY GIFT - Older YA paranormal romance with a post-apocalyptic feel - 80,300 words
Pitch: In a world of chaos, Nadine has visions she doesn’t understand—she believes she might be hallucinating. Until she meets the guy who haunts her visions and everything starts to change … even the world.
First 150 words:
If telepathy, soul-seeing, or palm-reading existed, Dr. Brown was using her powers and performing one of those, if not all, on me.
Behind her cat like glasses, her eyes were uncanny and cold. She was analyzing me. My posture, my body gesture, my eyes.
I averted my gaze from hers and sat on top of my hands, hoping they would stop shaking.
“Nadine Sterling,” she began, her tone almost caring. “What brings you to me today?”
The insanity of mind, I could say. Or that my regular psychologist was busy, and since I had to follow the school’s policy and have my weekly section today, I had no choice but to meet with her. Besides, there were no rules specifying I should open up to her, so I didn’t say anything.
“Nadine?” Her tone became more pressing.
I glanced back at her. Her knuckles were white around her pen, her foot swung rapidly from her crossed legs, her hair was pulled back into a neat ponytail and it gave me the impression she would freak if any strand fell loose. I didn’t like her. I didn’t feel at ease with her.
This is Nadine ;)
What did you think? Any suggestions?
To check the other contestants and comment on their entries, you can hop on Brenda’s blog post here.
Heya, partners! =)
Welcome back for another ROW80 check-in!
As usual, this post was scheduled on Friday night to go live on Sunday morning, so nothing to report for the weekend.
Recalling my goals:
- Participate of the EditPalooza workshop offered by Savvy Authors from Jan/2 to Feb/4. (I’ve been warned this is super hard work and consumes many hours of the day. Let’s see if I can keep up!)
- Write a novelette (10-15,000 words), revise it and sub it (due Feb 1st).
- Write a novella (20-40,000 words), revise it and sub it (due April 1st).
- Write a novel (or get as far as I can with it). Actually I’m thinking about re-writing some of my old novels, the ones I wrote when I just started down this path. The stories are good, but the writing isn’t lol I keep saying I need to re-write them, so this might be the time to choose one and get it over with.
- Read 2 book every 3 weeks.
- Social network: tweet, comment on blogs, and blog at least once a week (not counting #ROW80 checkins).
Social Network: All done.
Reading: Read Divergent by Veronica Roth. PERFECT!
Still reading Revision and Self-Editing by James Scott Bell for the workshop. We’ve read about 6 or 7 chapters so far.
If my plans stay on course, I should start reading Across the Universe by Beth Revis on Saturday ;)
EditPalooza: Working on theme, and LOCK (lead, objective, confrontation, and knock-out), and scene structure.
My group has 7 writers, and we’ve shared first chapters and critiqued each others’ works. And I’m up to date with assignments.
Writing: I’ve been critiquing queries and synopsis from my CPs this week. I also received a full manuscript to critique, but, since my CP said she is in no hurry, I may leave it for when I have more time to breathe lol Though, I wish I could do this quick, because I know she is anxious. I would be =P
As for my novelette: wrote 1784 words on Tuesday, 1374 words on Thursday, and 1064 words on Friday. That adds to 4222 words—almost halfway there. I hope to finish it by next Tuesday. Let’s see …
How are you guys doing? Hope all is well!
If you want to check on the other members, you can hop on ROW80 blog and click on the post for today’s check-in ;)
PS: guys, I’m gonna be out of town on Sunday and commenting on your blogs through my phone would be a pain in the *ss. So, I’ll stop by on Monday, okay? Thanks!
As for the rules to accept this award, I’m supposed to share 10 things you may or may not know about me, and then nominate 6 more bloggers who are very creative.
Looking back, I remember receiving other blog awards, but not this one. Somehwere on my blog I have posted a few things about me, though let’s post them here again:
- English is my Second Language, but it doesn’t feel like it anymore. I know I have a lot to improve yet, but I can’t imagine writing in any other language.
- I lived in the US from 2004 to 2009. I loved it. I want to go back. There are plans to go back this year (hubby transferring …) but it’s not set in stone yet. Here is hoping!
- I speak Portuguese, English, Spanish and a tad bit of French. I wanted to learn Italian too. And Russian … and German lol You get the point. I love learning other languages and cultures ;)
- When I was around 5 yo, my parents had 10 dogs at our house. At the same time. Big dogs. Way bigger than I was.
- I have Orthostatic Intolerance. I think that’s one of the reasons I hate summer.
- I danced ballet for over 20 years. But now I can’t anymore because of several injuries on my feet and knees (caused by pointe shoes!).
- The first romances I read (I was 10yo) were the sugary books of Danielle Steel. Hey, no judgie! Those were the books available to me—my mother had shelves stuffed with books by Danielle Steel, Nora Roberts and Sydney Sheldon.
- I have a BA in Art Studio with emphasizes on Graphic Design. And I’m a terrible Graphic Designer lol
- I’m tall and I don’t like it. I’m 5’9″ (1.75m) and I love high heels. If I could choose my height, I would be 5’6″ or 5’7″ (1.68-1.70m). That way, I would be able to wear my 4 or 5 inches heels and wouldn’t feel bad/uncomfortable about it.
- For the last 2 years, I have spent the weekdays in one city and the weekends on another (2 hours apart). So I have two houses to stress over. This coming and going is supposed to have an end soon, but I’m not exactly sure when.
Passing along the nomination, I give you not six, but eight writers and bloggers whom I met through Ladies Who Critique. They are incredible gals and, if you don’t know them yet, you should.
Jani Grey at Life Debatable.
Kelley Lynn at Between the Bookends.
Jenny Kaczorowski at In Somnis Veritas.
Tracy Rohlfing at Scarlet Sanctum.
Ladonna Watkins at The Writer in Me.
Heather L. Reid at I’d Rather be Writing.
Melissa Hurst at Chasing the Dream.
Jenn Johnson at A Single Bell.
Ugh, I think I’m the only one with a cool motto for my website/blog. I think I’ll have to fix that soon lol
Now, go check out my fine ladies!
Hi! I'm Juliana Haygert,
New Adult author.
Welcome to my blog!
To learn more about me, click here.
Subscribe to my newsletterEnter your email address to subscribe to my newsletter and receive notifications of new books and events.
Looking for Google Friends Connect?
- ▼2013 (68)
- ▼May (13)
- Cover Love: Off the Record
- Morgan Media presents: Animated covers!
- DESTINY GIFT Promo!
- Cover Love: Once Upon a Darkness
- Cover Love: Charcoal and Hot Chocolate
- Breaking the Reins pic teaser #2
- DESTINY GIFT Blog Tour Day 8, 9 and 10!
- Cover Love: Come What May
- DESTINY GIFT Blog Tour Day 6 and 7!
- Stamford Author Event
- DESTINY GIFT Blog Tour Day 4 and 5!
- The Forgotten Ones by Laura Howard is live!
- DESTINY GIFT Blog Tour Day 2 and 3!
- ►April (14)
- ►March (14)
- ►February (10)
- ►January (17)
- ▼May (13)
- ►2012 (216)
- ►2011 (92)
- ▼2013 (68)