First Loves Blogfest hosted by awesome Alex J. Cavanaugh - on May 14, post your first loves – first movie, first song/band, first book, and first person. Four loves, one blogfest!
First movie: Labyrinth – it scared the hell out of me, but I couldn’t get enough of it.
Then, as a teenager, it was Titanic …
First song/band: When I was a teenager, it was Backstreet Boys. I was crazy about them. Had many of their shows in VHS lol
But, when I was a kid, around 6 or 8, I think, I was crazy about Jordy!
First book: No Greater Love by Danielle Steel. It was the first romance I read (I was 8 or 9). I got it from my mother, who had (and still has) many books by Danielle Steel, Nora Roberts and Sidney Sheldon. Of course, I read many children books before, but after reading this one, my book obsession started …
First person: I remember having a “boyfriend” when I was around 8. We used to hold hands and walk home from school (3 blocks away, and we were neighbors). I encountered him again years later on another city and we talked and laughed a lot. Then, there was another guy when I was 15. Bah, did he treat me badly! He was a professional womanizer LOL But I always thought that he could change. I don’t think that was love either, I think that was some kind of teenager obsession. Then, I met my husband at 17. He was 22 and said I love you first (2 months dating). I said it 4 months later, when I was sure that what I was feeling was love. He was the first (and only) guy/man to whom I said I love you. I hope I’ll be able to say the previous sentence when I’m 60 or 70 or 80 ;)
It’s your turn. Share your first loves with us!
PS: I’m not sure I’ll have time to visit everyone’s blog today, but I’ll try. If I don’t visit yours today, I’ll tomorrow! Thanks!
Hello friends! HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all the moms out there!
Also, check out the cover reveal of the Cynthia Cooke’s new book posted earlier this morning.
Here are my goals (and how I’m doing):
- Organize my new home and my new schedule. Done. We bought two new bookcases Saturday, one for me and one for my daughter. So far, she loves books!
- Once my life is normal again (or almost), find a gym and exercise 3 times per week. Twice only. I totally forgot about my daughter’s mother’s day concert on Thursday and almost went to the gym instead lol
- Participate on Crafting the Sensual Novella Workshop from April 9th to May 6th. Done.
- Finish revising my novel, DESTINY GIFT. Done.
- Start a new novel or novella and get as far as I can with it. I wrote a few chapters in or 6,500 words. If you know me, you know this is a low word count for me. As someone who has the entire afternoon to write, I should get at lest 3,500 per day … but it’s been so hard to focus lately. I have been so bleh … no reason, though, life is going well, family is great, health is okay, so why have I been feeling down? And the more I try to push writing, the more I feel like my writing sucks LOL Anyway, I know it’s a temporary feeling and hopefully I’ll feel much better this week and write more and more ;)
- In June, participate of the JuNoWriMo. I’m thinking about rewriting Gypsy Heart (curious? See the projects tab on top).
- Read 5 books each month (year total = 60). On track.
- Social network: blog at least once a week (not counting #ROW80 checkins), comment on blogs every other day, and tweet a little everyday. Done.
And that’s it for now.
You can click here and check the other ROWers and how they are doing.
Deadly Secrets, Loving Lies, by Cynthia Cooke, the phenomenal teaser book that previews what’s in store for readers in Entangled Publishing new Dead Sexy Romantic Suspense line.
Family secrets must be kept, and painful wounds must be ignored.
After an all-out assault by a vicious terrorist bent on destroying her entire family, a former government agent must break the strict rules she has always lived by when she emerges from hiding to reluctantly accept the help of her all-too-sexy ex-lover. Running a deadly race against time, they rush to rescue her kidnapped sister, find her missing father, and bring the notorious villain to justice. But nothing ever goes as planned. Bullets fly, danger abounds, and their passion reignites even faster than the lies are flowing. But their stubbornly held secrets just might spell the end of their rekindled love and hopes for the future…as well as their very lives.
It sounds great, doesn’t it?
Buy it on Amazon!
So, my NA sister Bailey mentioned Noveling Through Summer on her blog a few times. Once, the challenge crazy me mentioned I would love to join. See, I was half-kidding, but Bailey liked the idea and invited me for it.
What is Noveling Through Summer, you ask? We are ”embarking on a summer-long dedication to writing that ends with each of us meeting our individual, insane writing goals” (Bailey’s words).
Kenzie is writing a 200-page manuscript of her novel, a story of murder and familial ties. She will be writing May through August.
L. is writing two novels this summer — she plans to write the sequel to Oath Heir and the first draft of a new WIP idea. She will be writing in June and July.
Matt is writing the sequel to a YA historical fantasy he is currently submitting to agents; his word goal for summer is 50,000 – 55,000. He will be writing in June and July.
Bailey is writing a complete draft of #thatghoststory, the first in my Ghost Society series. I will be writing May through August.
And I will be finishing my spy/assassin novella (just started) and then another novel/novella … I didn’t make up my mind which one yet though. But like I told Kenzie when she designed my banner (on top of this post) and button (on bottom of this post), all my manuscripts have lots of action and romance, even if their genres are different.
We’re supposed to blog weekly about our progress, so I guess I’ll add NTS to my #ROW80 check-ins on Sundays.
Here are the buttons of the other participants. Mine is in the sidebar.
Don’t forget to stop by and see how I’m doing ;)
Hi! I'm Juliana Haygert,
New Adult author.
Welcome to my blog!
To learn more about me, click here.
Looking for Google Friends Connect?
- ▼2013 (91)
- ▼June (17)
- Tiny little break ...
- A Day in the Life: Lisa Sanchez
- Sizzling Summer Giveaway!
- Cover Love: Indelible
- What’s Up Wednesday
- Author Spotlight: Irene Rose
- Cover Love: Being Kalli
- Cliches aren't that bad ...
- One Moment: Breaking the Reins
- A Day in the Life: Bethany Lopez
- Cover Love: Of Darkness and Crowns
- Release Day: Precious Things
- What's Up Wednesday
- Ready. Set. Write!
- Cover Love: Dead Run
- BEA 2013
- A Day in the Life: Delancey Stewart
- ►May (19)
- ►April (14)
- ►March (14)
- ►February (10)
- ►January (17)
- ▼June (17)
- ►2012 (216)
- ►2011 (92)
- ▼2013 (91)