For many reasons, 2016 was a terrible year, but it had good moments too.
In my writing life, I came back to writing and publishing after a 15 month hiatus. I was able to write 430k words, I published 2 novels and 1 novella, wrote a bunch more. I learned a lot about my own process and how I can be more productive – hopefully that sticks. I hope my writing got a tiny bit better, after all practice is everything, isn’t it? I strengthened my friendship with writers and connected with new people. I participated of a few workshops and read many craft books.
Hopefully, 2017 will be even better.
I don’t like to make resolutions or goals for the new year, but I like to state what I will *try* to achieve.
For example, in 2017 I will try to:
- write even more – at least 450k words
- publish 4 to 5 novels
- read a bit more (my reading has been suffering!)
- learn more about marketing
- interact more with my readers (I’ve been really bad with Twitter and Facebook and I want to correct that). The first step will be to create a reader group on Facebook. More on that later!
I also want to:
- change the colors of my website – I love the style, but I’m getting sick of the pink lol
- take a new author pic
- go to a conference? Maybe participate on a signing? We’ll see …
Also, I love the #wordoftheyear thing, where you choose a word for the entire year. I’m gonna be bold this year and go with this one:
This is the year. This is the year I’m gonna give everything I have to this writing/publishing thing and I hope it’ll work out … nothing will stop me in the pursuit of my goals. I’m determined to work hard, to go after my dreams, to write all the words and publish all the books, to make the most of everything, to enjoy my life and my family and my friends. In 2017, I’m determined to succeed!
That’s it so far. Nothing too big, just a little more than what I did in 2016 – but with more focus.
What will you try to achieve in 2017?
I wish you a very Happy 2017! I hope all your dreams come true and that you (and me!) stick to all our resolutions! Lots of love, health, and success!
I’ve got a “new” book out! This book was actually published before, as Her Heart’s Secret Wish, by a small publisher. I got the rights back in the beginning of this year and now I’ve published it for free!
Go grab your copy today!
With a renowned reputation as a player, she had everything figured out…
Twenty-year-old college student, Natasha is the life of every party and the reason behind many celebrations. The easiest girl on campus has all guys at her feet and more than a few in her bed.
…until he came into the game…
Having entered the academic world by chance, Professor Jason Stone is surprised to find one of his young students a huge temptation. The infamous Natasha has caught his attention. But is there more to her than meets the eye?
…and changed the rules.
As their unexpected friendship grows, so does their attraction to each other. When Jason’s Christmas plans are canceled and he ends up at the same party as Natasha, sparks flare, destroying the safe zone around them. Will they figure out how to break through their self-imposed barriers to be together, or lose one another forever?
New Adult contemporary romance novella (15k words).
Amazon | Nook | Kobo | iBooks | Google Play
November Book Fair
Follow this link to see the books on the fair!
Follow this link to see/download the free books!
December Mega Giveaway
Follow this link to enter the Mega Giveaway!
That’s all for now!
What is this? Another update post in the same year? That’s a miracle! hehe
Though, I’m still failing on social media. I confess I have no patience to scroll through Twitter anymore, and Facebook can irritate me in two seconds depending on the post I stumbled across. The only thing that is still tolerable is Instagram. And maybe Pinterest, but even this last one I haven’t visited as often as before.
I’m trying to be a little better at social media, because I know a writer should interact more with other writers and readers, etc … and I do miss that but it might take me a while to actually get back into it.
Anyway, what have I been up to? Too many things, actually.
Let’s see if I can list them:
- I just revamped Playing Pretend. I added 13k words on it, reedited, got a new cover, and uploaded the new version everywhere. I have book review tour scheduled for January. If you’re a book blogger or an avid reader who likes to share your reviews on your blog and/or social media and/or vendors website, you can participate! Follow this link to sign-up!
- I’m finishing touch-ups on a Christmas novella that I’ll release in December. Heads up: it’ll be free!
- I’m writing a secret new book! I’ve started it back in July, put it aside to work on other things, but now I’m back at it and I’m using NaNoWriMo to finish it.
- I’m also working on Breaking 4. It’s going slow as I’m working on plotting it right now, but it’s going. (Though I do have 20k words written on it already!)
And these are all the things happening now. I won’t list the things to come, because 1) there are too many and 2) I change my mind constantly and the list I show you today will probably be different from the one I come up with next week.
Now tell me what is up with you?