2016 Overview and Plans for 2017
For many reasons, 2016 was a terrible year, but it had good moments too.
In my writing life, I came back to writing and publishing after a 15 month hiatus. I was able to write 430k words, I published 2 novels and 1 novella, wrote a bunch more. I learned a lot about my own process and how I can be more productive – hopefully that sticks. I hope my writing got a tiny bit better, after all practice is everything, isn’t it? I strengthened my friendship with writers and connected with new people. I participated of a few workshops and read many craft books.
Hopefully, 2017 will be even better.
I don’t like to make resolutions or goals for the new year, but I like to state what I will *try* to achieve.
For example, in 2017 I will try to:
- write even more – at least 450k words
- publish 4 to 5 novels
- read a bit more (my reading has been suffering!)
- learn more about marketing
- interact more with my readers (I’ve been really bad with Twitter and Facebook and I want to correct that). The first step will be to create a reader group on Facebook. More on that later!
I also want to:
- change the colors of my website – I love the style, but I’m getting sick of the pink lol
- take a new author pic
- go to a conference? Maybe participate on a signing? We’ll see …
Also, I love the #wordoftheyear thing, where you choose a word for the entire year. I’m gonna be bold this year and go with this one:
This is the year. This is the year I’m gonna give everything I have to this writing/publishing thing and I hope it’ll work out … nothing will stop me in the pursuit of my goals. I’m determined to work hard, to go after my dreams, to write all the words and publish all the books, to make the most of everything, to enjoy my life and my family and my friends. In 2017, I’m determined to succeed!
That’s it so far. Nothing too big, just a little more than what I did in 2016 – but with more focus.
What will you try to achieve in 2017?