The books releases March 3rd and the blog tour will run from March 10th to March 14th. If you want to participate, you can sign up here.
Soul Oath (The Everlast Trilogy #2) has been out for 3 weeks now, and soon I’ll release the #2.5 novella, Cup of Life.
Happy New Year!
For two years, I’ve been posting My [insert year here] Plan – I got the idea from Jani Grey, a very good friend of mine :)
I like that because it’s not like a resolution, where you feel obligated to accomplish everything and if you fail, you feel really bad. A plan is just that, a plan of your WANTS. It can work or not, but you’re working toward it – and it can change and adapt as it goes.
Before I dive in My 2014 Plan, let’s revise My 2013 Plan:
1. Read at least 60 books. Done! I wish I had read as much as 2012 (77 books), but I’m not sad with 60 …
2. Go to at least one conference. I went to BEA and met a lot of great peeps. I also participated of a signing (Stamford Author Event) and it was great.
3. Write more. I wrote 3 novels and a novella, adding to a little under 300,000 words.
4. Find at least one more reliable CP. And maybe a beta-reader or two. I did find them, but I don’t use them too much anymore.
5. Write reviews on Goodreads, Amazon and Barnes and Noble for the books I read and enjoy. Not Barnes and Noble, but I do review books on Goodreads and Amazon – even if it’s only one sentence.
6. Spend less time on Social Media. Hmm, yeah, let’s skip this one …
7. Publish at least 2 books. Done. I’ve published 3 novels and a novella!
8. Continue researching about what is best for me and my writing: I did, and still do. With the market always changing, it’s hard to make finite choices. And at this point, I wouldn’t advise it.
9. Participate on all rounds of ROW80. Fail. I started, but with moving and a lot of other stuff, I started posting less and less, until I didn’t participate anymore.
10. Keep going to the gym, lose 5 or 6 pounds and keep them off! Yes and no. At first, I lost 5 pounds! Then we moved and I hurt my back and had to rest for 3 months – I gained 10 lbs :(
11. Eat healthier. Not sure if this is a yes or no. I think I ate better, but not completely healthier …
12. Be more present. To my family. I think this was okay. There were times when I spaced-out thinking about my stories, but I think I’m pretty good mom and wife ;)
Now, for MY 2014 Plan:
1. Read at least 60 books. I do hope to read more than that …
2. Write more. I wrote almost 300,000 words last year, but I want to write MORE! (I’ll blog about my upcoming books on a separate post).
3. Keep meeting with my great writing group. :D
4. Spend less time on Social Media. So I can write more.
5. Publish at least 3 books. I have plans to publish 5, but I know life can interfere and things can slow down.
6. Continue researching about what is best for me and my writing: to self-pub, to continue with a small press, or to query agents. Or maybe the three of them?
7. Keep exercising, lose at least 5 to 8 pounds and keep them off! Enough said.
Ugh, my 2014 plan looks so little compared to my 2013 plan, but I think some of it is because I’ve been constantly doing some of the things from my 2013 plan (like reviewing books on amazon and goodreads) and I don’t need to repeat them …
For 2014, my word is:
Strength to go after my dreams, to do what I want, to write what I want and not care about what might fit the market, to publish the way I want (and take as long as I need to do so), to be brave and bold!
How about you? What are your WANTS for 2014? And what’s your Word of the Year?