#ROW80 check-in 01/20
Hey friends! Welcome to my weekly ROW80 update!
Here are my goals for the past week and how it went:
- Writing: start Breaking the Reins. Send Destiny Gift to the editor. Monday: wrote 2000 words and recycled 1500 words. Just to explain, I say recycle when I copy and paste from some other version or idea, and revise it to fix and adapt it to the new novel/version. Tuesday: wrote 3525 words and recycled 2407 words. Wed: it’s snowed = no school = kid home = no writing. Thu: wrote 2000 words. Fri: 1500 words. Also, sent DG to the editor, and sent the first 13k words of BtR to my CP ;)
- Reading: finish reading book #4 and #5 of the year. Finished #4, and I’m around 80% on book #5. I also read 15 pages of one CP’s ms (and finished it) and 80 pages (of 155) from other CP’s ms.
- Social media: Twitter: try to be present, but not too much. Blog: post a couple of times. Done. I’m turning the internet off while writing, so I’m not tempted to pop on twitter.
- Exercising: at least 4x. Six times.
My goals for the next week:
- Writing: continue writing Breaking the Reins.
- Reading: finish reading book #5 and #6 of the year.
- Social media: Twitter: try to be present, but not too much. Blog: post a couple of times.
- Exercising: at least 4x.
This week will be complicated. The kid doesn’t have school on Monday, and she has early dismissal on Wed, which means less time for me to write. And, if that was not enough, apparently, it’ll snow a lot this week. If it does, my daughter’s classes will be canceled and I won’t write … I’m not sure how many words I’ll be able to write this week, but I hope it’s enough to keep my self imposed deadline.
On my blogs (this one and NA Alley) this week:
- Entangled Publishing Name the Line Contest Winner
- State of Emergency Release Day here and here.
- The Next Big Thing, take 2 (about the ms I’m writing right now!)
- NA Alley Call for New Members
Have a great week, guys!