TTT: Top Ten Bookish People I’d Like to Meet
I’ve been lurking and watching the Top Ten Tuesday from The Broke and The Bookish for a long while and avoiding participating because of time—I need more time! Today I need to participate. The topic is too good!
Ten won’t be enough, so I’m gonna cheat a little …
1. My writer-friends:
- Writers I’ve met through Ladies Who Critique: Jani, Tracy, Ladonna, Bridget, Stefanie, Melissa, Priya, Kelley …
- Writers I’ve met through YA Highway’s RTW: Elodie, Jaime, Colin, Robin, Alison, Katy, Tracey, Donelle …
- Writers I’ve met through ROW80: Lauren, Em, EM, Lena, Julie, Jenny, Karen …
- My NA sisters: Bailey, LG, Jaycee, Victoria, Carrie, and Summer.
- Writers I’ve met through the community: Kat, Cait, Ghenet, Jessa, Suzanne, Karen, Renita, EJ, Lynn, Brenda, Shelley, Erica, Dahlia, Jenny, Taryn, Sarah, Alex, Cassie, Theresa, Hope …
- And many others that I’m probably missing … sorry!
2. This one I’m stealing from Colin: “A Literary Agent Who Wants to Represent Me. Seriously. If you’re a literary agent and you want to represent me, I want to meet you. Really soon.” << Exactly!
3. Richelle Mead. She’s my idol. I just LOVE everything, anything she writes. Need I say more?
4. The author-friends Kiersten White, Beth Revis, Natalie Whipple and Stephanie Perkins. They are fun, they are curious, they are savvy, they have wonderful books (I know Natalie’s book isn’t out yet, but I KNOW it’ll rock).
5. Joss Whedon. Yea, not a book author, but an “author” nevertheless. He’s THE MAN. Period.
6. Sarah J. Maas. My newest idol. I’m in love with her book Throne of Glass, and seriously can’t wait for the next one.
7. Christopher Paolini. Love him and his books. You know a character who reminds me of him? Seth from the Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead. I’m dead serious. I think Richelle got inspired by him. Just saying.
8. The YA Highway ladies! They are awesome and their posts are dead on.
9. Paulo Coelho. Not really my style of reading, though I did read some of his books, but he’s Brazilian like me, and he’s super famous worldwide. Besides, I loved his book The Alchemist and the message I saw in it.
10. J.K. Rowling. Dude, she’s Harry Potter’s mother! And Hermione’s, and Ron’s, and Snape’s, and Dumbledore’s, and Neville’s, and Luna’s … need I go on?
How about you? Who would you like to meet in this writerly world?