Blake Snyder’s beatsheet is my new blog feature. I’ll try to have posts like this every two weeks or so, Name of movie or book in 15 Beats, and I hope this helps you too.
Two things to keep in mind: I watch most of these with my kid and that means most of the movies will be kids’ movies and I’m not paying 100% attention to the movie. Second, I’m sorta new to the method and still struggle with the Theme, the All is Lost and Dark Night of the Soul beats. In case you have better suggestions, please do so on the comments. We can discuss the points and, if I end up agreeing with you, I’ll change my beats. Deal?
Tinker Bell in 15 Beats
1. Opening Image: London changing seasons by fairies.
2. Theme Stated (4.5%): Hm, still debating this one … Such a rare talent. Rosetta says something like they should expect great things from Tinkerbell.
3. Set-Up (1-9%): Birth of Tinkerbell.
4. Catalyst (10%): Tinkerbell becomes a Tinker fairy but she’s not very happy about it.
5. Debate (10-22.5%): Tinkerbell finds out she can’t go to the Mainland. What to do now?
6. Break Into Two (22.5%): Tinkerbell decides she wants to try other talents.
7. B Story (27%): In doubt here. Tinkerbell and the girls. Or, Tinkerbell and the lost things (since they help her gain confidence and become a real tinker by the end).
8. Fun and Games (27-50%): With Silvermist, and Iridessa and Fawn trying to become a fairy of some other talent.
9. Midpoint (50%): When Tink brings a hawk into their village and Vidia ends up being messed with.
10. Bad Guys Close In (50-68%): Tink is hopeless. She thinks her friends are against her. She turns to Vidia for help.
11. All Is Lost (68%): Tink “brings” sprinting thistles into the spring preparation area and messes everything.
12. Dark Night of the Soul (68-77%): She’s the reason spring won’t come in time. She feels worse than ever before.
13. Break Into Three (77%): Tink realizes she can fix everything, so she steps up besides the disappointment everyone feels toward her.
14: Finale (77-100%): With lost things and the help of her friends, Tink brings Spring on time. She’s allowed to go to the Mainland.
15. Final Image (100%): Tink in London with the other fairies, after bringing Spring.
*Note that the percentages are approximate.