The 7 Facts Tag
My lovely NA sister Bailey Kelsey tagged me on this game.
To keep on the game, I must reveal 7 facts about myself then pick 7 people to do the same thing.
Bailey changed the rules and so will I *snickers*
I’ll reveal 7 things related to my writing and then I’ll tag other 7 writers.
- Music has to be ON. Actually, music has to be ON every single minute of the day, unless I’m sleeping ;) I have several playlists, depending on the scene I’m writing.
- Usually, I drink chimarrao when writing (photo bellow). Chimarrao is a typical tea-like drink from the state I was born in Brazil. Here in the US, it’s hard to find (only on Brazilian stores in NYC or Chicago and such, and they cost a whole lot more here). But I brought a few bags of the herb with me ;)
- I tend to write too much backstory at the beginning. I ALWAYS have to fix this in revisions.
- If I don’t pay attention to characters personality, I’ll always make my hero very rude to everyone, especially the heroine, because of some element from his past, and the heroine will slowly smooth him out.
- I suck at naming organizations or special characters. I want to be creative and change the normal names people use, like Elders or Guardians or Oracle or Brotherhood.
- I also suck at naming the actual title of the manuscript. Usually, I start with a name related to the book, then later, much later, I think about the title. For example, when I was writing Sands of Hope, which is set in Egypt, I named it Egypt.
- Since taking writing seriously, I wrote 4 novels, plus 5 unfinished ones (two up to 50k words and one up to 35k), 2 novellas and 1 novelette. I queried only one novel so far. I’ve got some requests then personalized rejections … I’m shelving it for now (while planning big revisions) and I’ll re-start one of those unfinished novels ;)
This is Chimarrao (it has a ~ over the second a)