Hey friends! Welcome to my weekly ROW80 update!
Here is my goals for the past week and how it went:
- Writing: finish pre-edits on DG, and start new WIP, which is called BREAKING THE REINS (BtR). And edit when the next set of HHSW edits come to me. Monday: kid didn’t have school, so I did nothing writing-related. Tuesday: wrote 3400 words. Wednesday: wrote 2800 words. Thursday and Friday: couldn’t wrap my mind around anything (I think I’m close to a burnout—will have a special blog post about it next week) so didn’t write.
- Reading: read book #58 of the year. I’ve read a novelette (12k words) and book #58 and book #59.
- Social media: I want to spend LESS time on twitter and blogging—so I can get more writing done! I should have spent less time here, but with the imposed break, I ended up online more than I wanted to.
- Exercising: at least 4x. Six times.
So, yeah, not so good on the writing front. So much has been going on, and at the same time, I feel like I’m not doing enough. It’s frustrating. As suggested by Jani Grey, I might be close to a burnout and in need of a break. That’s why I didn’t write from Thursday and on. So I could get that break. But even not writing, the mind is still in overdrive. I can’t stop it from going over ideas, plots, and scenes. I’ll try to go back to writing tomorrow (Monday) and see what happens.
I’ve talked more to Jani, and I might try to get my muse going by totally pantsing—she likes this. I might abandon all my current ideas and just write out of my mind, without planning one bit, not even characters names and backgrounds. Just for creativity’s sake. It’ll probably be a mess and not fixable, but I need to get the muse out of this burnout somehow.
Anyway, my goals for next week:
- Writing: Just write. Anything. And edit when the next set of HHSW edits come to me.
- Reading: read book #60 of the year.
- Social media: I want to spend LESS time on twitter and blogging—so I can get more writing done!
- Exercising: at least 4x.
Checkout how the other ROWers are doing here!
Have a great week, everyone!