ROW80 Checkin 01/15
Heya, partners! =)
Welcome back for another ROW80 check-in!
As usual, this post was scheduled on Friday night to go live on Sunday morning, so nothing to report for the weekend.
Recalling my goals:
- Participate of the EditPalooza workshop offered by Savvy Authors from Jan/2 to Feb/4. (I’ve been warned this is super hard work and consumes many hours of the day. Let’s see if I can keep up!)
- Write a novelette (10-15,000 words), revise it and sub it (due Feb 1st).
- Write a novella (20-40,000 words), revise it and sub it (due April 1st).
- Write a novel (or get as far as I can with it). Actually I’m thinking about re-writing some of my old novels, the ones I wrote when I just started down this path. The stories are good, but the writing isn’t lol I keep saying I need to re-write them, so this might be the time to choose one and get it over with.
- Read 2 book every 3 weeks.
- Social network: tweet, comment on blogs, and blog at least once a week (not counting #ROW80 checkins).
Social Network: All done.
Reading: Read Divergent by Veronica Roth. PERFECT!
Still reading Revision and Self-Editing by James Scott Bell for the workshop. We’ve read about 6 or 7 chapters so far.
If my plans stay on course, I should start reading Across the Universe by Beth Revis on Saturday ;)
EditPalooza: Working on theme, and LOCK (lead, objective, confrontation, and knock-out), and scene structure.
My group has 7 writers, and we’ve shared first chapters and critiqued each others’ works. And I’m up to date with assignments.
Writing: I’ve been critiquing queries and synopsis from my CPs this week. I also received a full manuscript to critique, but, since my CP said she is in no hurry, I may leave it for when I have more time to breathe lol Though, I wish I could do this quick, because I know she is anxious. I would be =P
As for my novelette: wrote 1784 words on Tuesday, 1374 words on Thursday, and 1064 words on Friday. That adds to 4222 words—almost halfway there. I hope to finish it by next Tuesday. Let’s see …
How are you guys doing? Hope all is well!
If you want to check on the other members, you can hop on ROW80 blog and click on the post for today’s check-in ;)
PS: guys, I’m gonna be out of town on Sunday and commenting on your blogs through my phone would be a pain in the *ss. So, I’ll stop by on Monday, okay? Thanks!