ROW80 Checkin 01/22
How are you all doing? Everyone still kicking ROW’s butt? Well, not me. I feel like I slacked this week a little.
Note: post written on Thursday night and scheduled to go live on Sunday morning. Friday my parents will be around and Sat and Sun are for family.
- Participate of the EditPalooza workshop offered by Savvy Authors from Jan/2 to Feb/4. (I’ve been warned this is super hard work and consumes many hours of the day. Let’s see if I can keep up!)
- Write a novelette (10-15,000 words), revise it and sub it (due Feb 1st).
- Write a novella (20-40,000 words), revise it and sub it (due April 1st).
- Write a novel (or get as far as I can with it). Actually I’m thinking about re-writing some of my old novels, the ones I wrote when I just started down this path. The stories are good, but the writing isn’t lol I keep saying I need to re-write them, so this might be the time to choose one and get it over with.
- Read 2 book every 3 weeks.
- Social network: tweet, comment on blogs, and blog at least once a week (not counting #ROW80 checkins).
Confession time. I’m losing the interest in writing shorter pieces, so I might cross the novelette and the novella from my list. I just need more 2k words to finish the novelette, but the end is so … simple, I think. My problem is that I love a good, long, complicated plot and when I have to come up with shorter, simpler stuff, it doesn’t happen too well.
Some other things are happening here (I’ll tell you all about it next Sunday), and I think I’ll cut the novelette and the novella form my goal. I know, I know, I was almost done with the novelette, but I’m just not feeling it. So, there you have it.
Social Media: All done (or more).
Reading: Revision and Self-Editing by James Scott Bell for the workshop. We’ve read about 10 chapters so far.
Finally finished Across the Universe by Beth Revis on Sat.
EditPalooza: Working on Scene Structure, Middles, and Endings.
Writing: Much slower than my usual routine, but I think the workshop has me compromised. Mon = 1079 words. Tue = 3482 words. Wed = wrote only 500 words. Not in the mood. Thur = wrote another 500 words only. Then start critiquing my CP’s manuscript. Frid, Sat, Sun = with family.
How are you guys doing? Hope all is well!
If you want to check on the other members, you can hop on ROW80 blog and click on the post for today’s check-in ;)
PS: guys, like usual, I’m gonna be out of town on Sunday and commenting on your blogs through my phone would be a pain in the *ss. So, I’ll stop by on Monday, okay? Thanks!