#ROW80 and NTS checkin 8/19
My goals the past week and how it went:
- Writing: actually, this is going to be revising, instead of writing. I’ll get back to Amber Energy. I’m giving myself until Sep 15th to finish it. (I won’t be doing much Thur and Fri, though, since hubby will take these days off work). Mon = short story. Tue = 66 pages revised. Wed = 46 pages revised and a lot distracted. Thur and Fri = nothing (hubby was home).
- Revise the short story (2000-4000 words) and submit to the Defy the Dark contest. Yup, it’s up here. You can read it online (only 4000 words, so about 20 minutes) and I would love if you commented and, if you like it, give my story a “heart”.
- Reading: read book #48. I started one book, went to up 30% then tossed it aside. It was craft but it wasn’t to the point and I was getting tired of going around and around and around … Then I started another (fiction) and finished it ;)
- Social media: blog at least twice and hop on Twitter from time to time. Done.
- Exercise: 3x at least. Five times.
I’ve been really down this week. Not sure why. There were times when I thought I would never write another manuscript worth reading/querying/selling … and I blame the internet for that. We (I) read some stories on twitter and on blogs that just mess with our (my) focus. I wish I was strong enough to just disconnect the internet during the whole afternoon and evening so I would never be tempted to peek and read and comment and stress myself.
At least hubby got home Thursday morning and he took Friday off to stay with me and daughter =)
My goals for next week:
- Writing: actually, this is going to be revising, instead of writing. I’m back to Amber Energy and gave myself until Sep 15th to finish it.
- Reading: read book #49.
- Social media: blog at least twice and hop on Twitter from time to time.
- Exercise: 3x at least.
My mother-in-law arrives Wed evening and will spend 10 days with us. She and I get along pretty well and it’s always good to talk to her, but having her here means a lot less done on the writing and reading front. So be warned: it’s going to be a slow week.
That’s it for now.
Go check out the other ROWers! Have a great week!