First ROW80 update of the year!
Here we are, for one more round of ROW80.
Let’s see how I’m doing, shall we?
My goals for round 01 of 2012:
- Participate of the EditPalooza workshop offered by Savvy Authors from Jan/2 to Feb/4. (I’ve been warned this is super hard work and consumes many hours of the day. Let’s see if I can keep up!)
- Write a novelette (10-15,000 words), revise it and sub it (due Feb 1st).
- Write a novella (20-40,000 words), revise it and sub it (due April 1st).
- Write a novel (or get as far as I can with it). Actually I’m thinking about re-writing some of my old novels, the ones I wrote when I just started down this path. The stories are good, but the writing isn’t lol I keep saying I need to re-write them, so this might be the time to choose one and get it over with.
- Read 2 book every 3 weeks.
- Social network: tweet, comment on blogs, and blog at least once a week (not counting #ROW80 checkins).
Not necessarily in this order.
Finally read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins—just the first one for now. Loved it!
I’m reading Revision and Self-Editing by James Scott Bell—this one is the book used on the workshop I’m taking, so I’ll read it slowly, as the chapters are being asked by the editor on the workshop.
I just began Divergent by Veronica Roth. This book won several awards last year. I’m curious!
It’s going well. The really hard work didn’t start yet. For now, we had to re-read our manuscripts as a reader, then answer some questions about it. Now we’re working on our main characters.
Not much on this front since I’m taking the EditPalooza course.
But I’ve been brainstorming solutions and conflicts for old manuscripts that I want to re-write after the course and I’m taking note of everything.
How are my fellow writers?
Hope the first week has treat you well!
PS: I’ll be stopping by my fellow ROWers’ blog tonight!