I forgot about check-in! I only remember it because I visited Triberr and saw the other ladies’ posts!
This isn’t a check-in actually, since, as I anticipated, the first week was slow, slow. I have too many things to organize yet.
Here is my goals:
- Organize my new home and my new schedule.
- Participate on Crafting the Sensual Novella Workshop from April 9th to May 6th.
- Finish revising my novel, DESTINY GIFT.
- Start a new novel and get as far as I can with it.
- Read 5 books each month (year total = 60).
- Social network: blog at least once a week (not counting #ROW80 checkins), comment on blogs every other day, and tweet a little everyday.
- Once my life is normal again (or almost), find a gym and exercise 3 times per week.
Not necessarily in this order.
Obviously, I’m stuck at the first one.
The DMV is giving us a hard time … we’re trying to get our new driver’s licenses, but the information they pass to us changes from attendant to attendant, so we’re never sure … It’s been 10 days! Finally, on Wednesday they told us we can’t transfer our Ohio licenses because we’re under Visas, and it didn’t matter that we have residents Visas. So, we have to take an 8-hour class (which isn’t available any day), then the driving test and the written test. Can you believe it? Right now—Sunday morning—my husband is at the driving school taking said class. Since we have no one to stay with our daughter, he’ll do it first, then, next weekend, I’ll do it. At least, we can drive for up to 3 months with our passport and our Brazilian driver’s licenses. However, we can’t buy new cars, which means, we’re still using the company’s van.
On the bright side of the week, I found a great daycare for our daughter. She’ll start tomorrow. Usually, most of my writing time is when she is at the daycare, but because there are too many things to be done yet, I think most of that time will be spent organizing things, at least during the next week.
And we moved to our new home on Friday. So that’s keeping me busy too—installing and organizing everything is tiring. And I think I’m not half done yet.
Guys, I can’t wait to start writing again. I’m frustrated because I’m still not writing.
Anyway … hope to have better news next week.
To check on my fellow ROWers, click here.
Have a great week, everyone!